The C.L.A.Y. Foundation is a non-profit organization that advocates for swim instruction, CPR training, AED availability and a year round warm water swim facility. We empower people to save lives through prevention then emergency first response.
Drowning does not discriminate. Drowning is fast. Drowning is silent. Drowning is PREVENTABLE.
- For children ages 1 to 4, the leading cause of injury-related death is drowning.
- Due to brain damage in some survivors, nonfatal drowning has the highest average lifetime health and economic impact of any type of injury.
- Up to 3 million children each year survive a drowning incident.
- Total lifetime costs associated with drowning were estimated to exceed $5.3 billion in 2000, including $2.6 billion for children aged 0 to 14 years.
- Drowning is the number two cause of death in children ages 0-14.
- See more at: http://www.safekids.org